Oklahoma Marijuana Licensing

Related Pages:
Oklahoma Marijuana Cultivation License >
Oklahoma Marijuana Distribution License >
Oklahoma Marijuana Manufacturing License >
Oklahoma Marijuana Testing License >

What License Types Exist in New Oklahoma?

With recreational cannabis not yet legalized in Oklahoma, the state currently issues only medicinal cannabis licenses. Cannabis licenses are issued by the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA). These licenses include:

Medical Marijuana Patient License

A medical marijuana patient license allows a person who has submitted an authorized application to purchase, consume, and cultivate medicinal marijuana and medicinal marijuana products legally in Oklahoma. This license is in the form of an identification card that may be used to verify the license holder's identity.

Medical Marijuana Grower License

A medical marijuana grower license authorizes a cannabis establishment in Oklahoma to legally cultivate or grow marijuana for medicinal purposes. Licensed growers are only permitted to sell to licensed processors and dispensaries.

Medical Marijuana Processor License

This license permits a cannabis establishment to process marijuana for medicinal purposes in the state. Marijuana processor licensees are permitted to sell to licensed dispensaries and other marijuana processor licensees. This license also authorizes the licensee to process marijuana into a concentrated form for patient license holders for a fee. Oklahoma also issues a hazardous processor license and a non-hazardous process license.

Hazardous Processor License

Hazardous processor licenses are issued to medical marijuana processors that perform extraction methods that utilize chemicals considered hazardous by the OSHA(Occupational Safety and Health Administration) under 29 CFR § 1910.1200 of the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard.

Non-hazardous Processor License

Non-hazardous processor licenses are issued to marijuana processors that do not perform any extraction or processing methods requiring hazardous chemicals under 29 CFR § 1910.1200 of the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard.

Medical Marijuana Dispensary License

A medical marijuana dispensary license authorizes a cannabis establishment to sell medicinal marijuana and medicinal marijuana products, including mature plants and seedlings. Licensed dispensaries are only permitted to sell to patients with valid licenses, caregivers with valid licenses, research license holders, and the legal guardian or parent identified on a minor patient's license.

Medical Marijuana Transportation License

A medical marijuana transportation license permits the licensee to legally transport medical marijuana from a licensed grower, processor, dispensary, or laboratory, to a licensed grower, processor, dispensary, laboratory, or researcher.

Medical Marijuana Research Facility License

A research facility license allows the licensee to grow, cultivate, possess, and transfer marijuana for the limited research purposes specified in the license application. These operations may be carried out by sale or donation to other licensed research facilities and licensed testing laboratories.

Medical Marijuana Education Facility License

This license authorizes the licensee to provide education and training to persons involved in the growing, cultivation, harvesting, curing, preparing, packaging, or testing of medicinal marijuana, or the production, manufacture, extraction, processing, packaging, or creation of medicinal-marijuana-infused products or medicinal marijuana products for the limited research and education purposes specified and approved in the license application.

Testing Laboratory License

OMMA issues a testing laboratory license to a facility that analyzes harvested and processed medicinal marijuana for the presence of hazardous pollutants.

In this section:
Oklahoma Marijuana Licensing